MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team saw its eight-game winning streak snapped with a 3-2, 11-innings setback against St. Norbert Thursday night.
- Final Score: St. Norbert 3, CUW 2 (F/11)
- Location: Kapco Park – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 21-9; St. Norbert 22-8
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Two of the three runs for St. Norbert came on strikeouts and either a passed ball or wild pitch, including the game-winning score. With the bases loaded and one out in the 11th, the Falcons recorded a strikeout but the ball got away enough for the Green Knights to score the winning run.
- The Falcons struck first with a RBI single from Justin Barney (Kenosha, Wis.) in the third inning. The Green Knights responded with a run scored on a passed ball in the top of the fourth.
- CUW would again go on top with a two-out RBI double from Nathan Thyssen (Appleton, Wis.). Thyssen and Bryan Thomas (Lowell, Ind.) had the only extra-base hits in the game, each recording a double. St. Norbert tied the game on the sacrifice fly in the top of the eighth inning.
- Seven different pitchers saw action for the Falcons, including starter Nick Hirst (Davenport, Iowa) who delivered five strong innings, allowing one run. The game also saw the return of Andrew Heideman (Bakersfield, Calif.) who threw a scoreless sixth inning for the Falcons. Scott Plachinski (South Milwaukee, Wis.), Niko Kutsulis (Homer Glen, Ill.) and Seth Cox (Gilbert, Ariz.) all added scoreless relief appearances.
- The Falcons will host Marian for a Senior Day doubleheader on Saturday. First pitch is set for noon.