MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team received another strong effort from its bullpen which registered seven shutout innings in a 3-0 non-conference win over Maranatha Baptist University Monday at Kapco Park. The win was the eighth straight for the Falcons.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Maranatha Baptist 0
- Location: Kapco Park – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 21-8; MBU 2-26
DREW UNDERWAGER POSTGAME
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After starter Alex Prickett (Franklin, Wis.) worked out of jams in the first and second innings, Drew Underwager (South Elgin, Ill.) came on for the next five frames for the Falcons. Underwager was dominant in his five innings, allowing just one hit and struck out five while issuing one free pass. He earned his first career win with his five shutout innings.
- Seth Cox (Gilbert, Ariz.) came on for the final two innings, earning his second career save. Cox allowed two hits but was able to finish off the shutout, the third one for the Falcons in the last five games.
- CUW scored one run each in the third, fourth, and eighth innings for its three runs in the game. Bryan Thomas (Lowell, Ind.) drove in the first run with a RBI triple plating Matt Schubert (West Bend, Wis.). Thomas, Schubert and Spencer Garnett (Clarendon Hills, Ill.) had the only hits of the game for the Falcons, each player collecting two.
- A Garnett RBI double made the score 2-0 in the fourth as he brought around Isaac Tewes (Chaska, Minn.). Thomas scored the final run of the game in the eighth on a sacrifice fly off the bat of Kyle Hilliard (Oak Forest, Ill.).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has thrown shutouts in each of its past three home games. The Falcons shut Lakeland out in each game of a doubleheader Saturday.
- The Falcons will host St. Norbert in a non-conference game Thursday. First pitch is set for 5 p.m.