MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team will host UW-Oshkosh in a midweek game at Kapco Park Thursday. The Falcons will be playing their fifth game of a seven-game homestand.
- Who: Concordia Wisconsin (8-7) vs. UW-Oshkosh (8-7)
- Where: Kapco Park – Mequon, Wisconsin
- When: Thursday, April 5, 2017 – 4 p.m.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- The digital game program for Thursday's game can be found here. Limited programs will be available for sale at the park for $2. Fans can also visit cuwfalcons.com/programs to view the digital version.
- Every home baseball game will feature live stats and video. Live links can be found on the Baseball schedule at CUWFalcons.com.
- Senior Matt Schubert (West Bend, Wis.) had a weekend to remember for the Falcons. He hit three home runs over four games, including two in a 14-2 win over Wisconsin Lutheran. Schubert was the seventh Falcon to hit two home runs in a game since 2007.
- The Falcons are 0-3 against UW-Oshkosh in games played since the 2001 season. CUW and UW-Oshkosh met in 2007 in Florida, while also meeting at Kapco Park each of the past two seasons. The Falcons fell by a 17-5 score last year.
- CUW is 2-2 at home this season, playing all four of its games at Kapco Park last weekend. In the first two against Wisconsin Lutheran, the Falcons were the visitors on the scoreboard, as the games had to be moved due to an unplayable field at WLC. CUW is 41-25 all-time at home under Eddy Morgan (2014-present).
- Having a No. 9 hitter who can get on base for the top of the lineup is a valued tool for baseball teams. The Falcons have received great production from the No. 9 spot in the order as Kyle Washburn (Pleasant Prairie, Wis.) ranks 17th nationally with a .571 on-base percentage. He is 15-for-39 at the plate but has walked a team-leading 12 times.