BRISTOL, Tenn. – Concordia Wisconsin didn't win Wednesday night's meet at King losing 245.735 – 240.265, but it continues to improve in certain of competition when looking back over the past month.
Final Score: King 245.735, Concordia Wisconsin 240.265
Location: Kling Gymnasium (Bristol, Tenn.)
Records: King 1-3, Concordia Wisconsin 2-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin tied or set new season-highs in three Events and three Heats, while accumulating the most points to date in the season. The Falcons have increased its total by 15 points over the past six meets.
- They began the competition with 33.10 points in the Compulsory Event, which included a new season-best of 9.35 in the Pyramid Heat.
- Their Acro Event was strong across the all three heats and led to a new season-high total of 26.85 points. They had scores of 9.15, 8.75, 8.95.
- Concordia Wisconsin's strongest section of every meet is the Pyramid Event and they posted a 28.65 score, which included heat totals of 9.60, 9.25, 9.80. Their Heat 1 (Inversion) was also a new high score this season.
- At the intermission, the Falcons trailed 92.25 – 88.60 to the Tornados.
- Following the break, Concordia Wisconsin posted a 26.00 score in the Toss Event, which tied a season-high posted versus Adrian earlier in the week. During the three-heat event, they recorded an 8.80 score in Heat 1 (450 Salto) to tie its total from March 5.
- The Tumbling Event featured a 6 Element Pass score of 8.275, along with an Open Pass score of 8.325. They total 45.225 in the Tumbling Event.
- Concordia Wisconsin shined in the Team Routine, setting a new season-high of 80.44.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin concludes its season on Saturday, April 7 at 3 pm against Adrian inside the R. John Buuck Field House.