MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin put together some of its best performances of the season during a commanding 233.040 – 123.050 victory over Georgetown College on Monday night inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 233.040, Georgetown College 123.050
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-4, Georgetown College 0-1
QUOTING HEAD COACH SARAH KOENIG
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin saved its best for the latter half of the meet, setting new season highs in the Toss and Team Events, along with a new high score for a meet.
- The Falcons began with 33.15 points in the Compulsory Event, which included a 9.25 and 9.40 score in the Pyramid and Toss heat, respectively. They added 25.50 points in the Acro Event to take a 16 point lead.
- Concordia Wisconsin recorded a 9.10 in Heat 1 (Inversion) and 9.05 in Heat 3 (Open) of the Pyramid Event before the intermission to build a 20.25 cushion.
- After halftime is when the Falcons really impressed those in attendance, as they had season-highs in Heat 1 (450 Salto) and Heat 2 (Synchronized) with an 8.80 and 8.50 scores, respectively. Overall, they had 25.80 points, which was a new season-best.
- In addition, Concordia Wisconsin accumulated 45.100 points in the Tumbling Event to increase its lead.
- The outstanding team performance concluded with 76.49 points in the Team Routine, which, again, is the most points scored in the event this year.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons set new season highs in the Toss Event (25.80), Team Event (76.49) and total for a meet (233.040).
- Concordia Wisconsin also had season-bests in the Duo Pass (8.100) and Quad Pass (6.800) within the Tumbling Event.
- Their 109.990 winning margin is the largest in program history.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Adrian for a Saturday NCATA meet at 11 am CST.