MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Acrobatics and Tumbling team took on the best of the best Saturday night when it welcomed Baylor University to the R. John Buuck Field House. The Falcons also put on their best performance of the young season, scoring 230.845 points while falling to the Bears (276.940).
- Final Score: Baylor 276.940, Concordia Wisconsin 230.845
- Location: R. John Buuck Field House – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Baylor 2-0; Concordia Wisconsin 0-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The contest started with the Compulsory event and the Falcons posted a 32.45 compared to a 38.30 for the Bears. CUW was at its best in the toss heat, scoring a 9.00 out of a possible 10 points.
- In the Acro event, the Falcons put together their best showing of the season, scoring a 26.75. CUW impressed in Heat 1 (5 Element) with a 9.55. Baylor scored a 29.30 in the Acro event.
- Next up was the Pyramid even and the Falcons again had their strongest showing of the season. CUW accumulated 28.25 points, including a 9.50 in Heat 3 (Open). The Falcons finished with 9.35 points or better in each Pyramid routine.
- After the break, the Falcons took to the floor for the Toss event, where they picked up 23.50 points out of a possible 28.35. The Bears extended their lead by scoring 28.55 points (start value 29.80) in the fourth event.
- CUW again recorded a season-best in the fifth event, Tumbling, this time scoring 45.825 points across six heats. The highlight was a 9.00 (out of 9.15) scored in the 6 Element Pass by senior Alana Polsfuss (Rogers, Minn.). Baylor impressed in the Tumbling event, scoring 57.550 points out of a possible 59.80.
- The team event wrapped up the evening and CUW scored a 74.07 to close out the night. The Bears wrapped up their victory with a 93.79.
- The Falcons will conclude their three-game homestand by welcoming Azusa Pacific to the R. John Buuck Field House Monday night. The meet is set to start at 7 p.m.
April 25, 2018 Falcons 'N Focus Podast: April 25, 2018
April 5, 2018 Preview: Acrobatics and Tumbling versus Adrian
March 14, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling continues to improve
March 10, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling has season-best performance
February 12, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling concludes busy stretch against Azusa Pacific
February 10, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling competes against defending champion Baylor
February 8, 2018 Preview: Acrobatics and Tumbling hosts defending champion Bears
February 5, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling competes against Oregon
February 3, 2018 Acrobatics & Tumbling competes in season opener
February 2, 2018 NCATA releases Preseason Coaches Poll