MEQUON, Wis. – It was a difficult challenge on Monday night for Concordia Wisconsin, who faced the NCATA national runner-up last season in Baylor and dropped a 267-.890 – 225.305 meet inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Oregon 267.890, Concordia Wisconsin 225.305
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Oregon 1-0, Concordia Wisconsin 0-2
QUOTING HEAD COACH SARAH KOENIG
"The team was a little slow starting out, but really made some good improvements in the pyramid and acro heats since Saturday. We have a lot of work to do on our team event before our meet on Saturday against Baylor. We have a plan and this week the team will be putting in the work to make the adjustments."
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin began the dual with a pair of 9-plus scores in the Pyramid Heat (9.30) and Toss Heat (9.15) of the Compulsory Event. Oregon tallied all scores over 9.15 and a total of 38.50 to take a six-plus point advantage.
- The Falcons scored a 7.95 in Heat 1 (5 Element) of the Acro Event and totaled 22.45 points. The Ducks had 29.50 total points and a 9.90 in Heat 1 (5 Element).
- The hosts' strongest section of the meet was the Pyramid Event, in which each score was higher than their season opener on Saturday. They scored 9.35 in Heat 1 (Inversion), 9.35 in Heat 2 (Synchronized) and 9.25 in Heat 3 (Open) for a total of 27.95. Oregon recorded a 29.10 total in the Pyramid Event.
- Concordia Wisconsin scored 23.35 total points in the Toss Event, compared to Oregon's 28.45 total points.
- The Falcons best heat of the Tumbling Event was a 9.175 score in the Open Pass to help in totaling 44.875 total point. The Ducks had 51.450 in the six heats combined.
- Concordia Wisconsin earned 74.58 points in the team routine and 225.305 for the entire meet.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons have now scored over nine points in the Pyramid Event in four of their last five meets.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts the NCATA defending national champions Baylor on Saturday at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
April 25, 2018 Falcons 'N Focus Podast: April 25, 2018
April 5, 2018 Preview: Acrobatics and Tumbling versus Adrian
March 14, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling continues to improve
March 10, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling has season-best performance
February 12, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling concludes busy stretch against Azusa Pacific
February 10, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling competes against defending champion Baylor
February 8, 2018 Preview: Acrobatics and Tumbling hosts defending champion Bears
February 5, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling competes against Oregon
February 3, 2018 Acrobatics & Tumbling competes in season opener
February 2, 2018 NCATA releases Preseason Coaches Poll