Erie, PA. – Concordia Wisconsin's Acrobatics and Tumbling team competed for the first time this season in a matchup against the Gannon Golden Knights. The Golden Knights came out on top with a 273.195-230.530 victory inside the Hammermill Center.
Final Score: Gannon 273.195, Concordia Wisconsin 230.530
Location: Hammermill Center (Erie, PA.)
Records: Gannon 1-0, Concordia Wisconsin 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin competed for the first time this season and had a tough test against Gannon. The Falcons started with scores of 9.30 in the Pyramid Heat and a 9.50 in the Toss Heat on their way to a total score of 34.40 in the Compulsory events. Gannon recorded a 37.35 total for the event.
- The Acro event was highlighted by a Concordia Wisconsin score of 8.40 in the first heat (5 Element) that helped them to a total score of 24.10 in the Acro Event. Gannon finished with a 27.55 in the event.
- The Pyramid event saw the Falcons come away with results of 9.10 in the second Heat (Synchronized) and 9.00 in the first heat (Inversion), on their way to a 26.60 total of a possible 29.60 points. Gannon recorded a Pyramid total of 29.30.
- The Toss event held scores of 8.90 in the third Heat (Open) and 8.20 in the first Heat (450 Salto) to a combined 25.15 Toss total for CUW. The Golden Knights scored a 27.30 in the event.
- Concordia Wisconsin scored a Tumbling total of 44.850 that was highlighted by an 8.750 in the 6 Element Pass and a 8.250 in the Open Pass. Gannon recorded a Tumbling total score of 54.125.
- CUW's Team Event scored a 75.43 out of a possible 94.94 total points. The Golden Knights scored a 97.57 out of a total 103.62 points.
- The Falcons will welcome Oregon on Monday with a start scheduled for 5:00 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.