MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin had a successful season and ended on a high note with a lopsided 247-045 – 140.950 victory against Adrian on Saturday afternoon inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-2, Adrian 0-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin entered the 2017 campaign with three wins in program history, but it was a different year as they captured five victories. They also ended with a season-best 47.325 score in the Tumbling Event.
- The Falcons took a sizeable lead early after scoring 33.85 points in the Compulsory Event, which included a 9.75 (Pyramid Heat) and a 9.55 (Toss Heat). The Bulldogs scored 29.45.
- The hosts added to their lead with 26.50 points in the Acro Event and had a 9.30 score in Heat 1 (5 Element), while the visitors posted a 25.60 total.
- Concordia Wisconsin tallied 28.40 points in the Pyramid Event after scoring 9.25 (Heat 1 Inversion), 9.60 (Heat 2 Synchronized) and a 9.55 (Heat 3 Open) for a solid set of heats. Adrian had 26.60 points.
- The Falcons led 88.75 – 81.65 at the intermission.
- Concordia Wisconsin accumulated 25.20 points in the Toss Event, compared to Adrian's 23.10.
- The Falcons improved to their highest score of the season in the Tumbling Event and had every heat score above 6.750, including a 9.625 score in the 6 Element Pass. The Bulldogs tallied just 36.20 points.
- Concordia Wisconsin ended with 85.77 points in the Team Routine, while Adrian didn't compete in the event due to a lack of student-athletes.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Following the meet, the Falcons honored senior Devon Kirkpatrick (Eugene, Ore.) for her hard work and dedication over the past three seasons. During her time the program earned eight victories and started from the ground up, building a foundation of success.