GEORGETOWN, Ky. – Concordia Wisconsin snapped a two-game losing streak with a commanding 248.660 – 213.280 victory at Georgetown College on Friday afternoon inside Davis-Reid Alumni Gymnasium.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 248.660, Georgetown College 213.280
Location: Davis-Reid Alumni Gymnasium (Georgetown, Ky.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 4-2, Georgetown College 1-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin finished the victory with seven heat scores above 9.0, including all three in the Pyramid Event. The Falcons 28.80 score in the event was the highest of the season.
- The Falcons posted 9.2 and 9.3 heat scores in the Compulsory Event to record a 33.7 total and take a near seven-point advantage over the Tiger quickly.
- They then had a 9.0 score in Heat 3 (7 Element) of the Acro Event to help total 26.25 points and gain three-and-a-half more points on the lead.
- Concordia Wisconsin tallied a 9.5, 9.8 and 9.5 in the Pyramid Event to record 28.8 points out of a possible 29.6 start value. At the intermission, they held an 88.75 to 75.7 lead over Georgetown College.
- The lead continued to grow when the Falcons scored a 26.05 in the Toss Event compared to the Tigers 24.45. They had an 8.5 or better in each heat.
- Concordia Wisconsin recorded a 9.3 in the 6 Element Pass of the Tumbling Event, while totaling 44.25 points compared to Georgetown College's 43.150 score.
- The Falcons ended the competition with 89.61 points in the Team Event, while Georgetown College had 69.98 points.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The victory gives Concordia Wisconsin four wins this season, with three of those coming against Georgetown College.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin concludes the 2017 season with a home meet on Saturday, April 8 against Adrian at 3 pm.