AZUSA, Calif. – The final score doesn't reflect a victory, but Concordia Wisconsin had its best performance of the season and posted the first 10.00 score in program history on Wednesday despite a 286.435 – 253.155 loss at Azusa Pacific inside the Felix Event Center.
Final Score: Azusa Pacific 286.435, Concordia Wisconsin 253.155
Location: Felix Event Center (Azusa, Calif.)
Records: Azusa Pacific 2-2, Concordia Wisconsin 3-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was only a matter of time before the Falcons posted a perfect 10.00 score and it happened on Wednesday night in the Toss Heat of the Compulsory Event. More so, they recorded scores of 9.0 or better in eight of 18 total heats.
- Concordia Wisconsin accumulated a 9.45, 9.7, 10.00 and 8.8 scores in each of the Compulsory Event to start strong with 37.95 points.
- The Falcons then added a 9.35 in Heat 1 (5 Element) of the Acro Event to continue their early success. They ended with a 26.90 score in the Acro Event.
- Visiting Azusa Pacific for the first time, they recorded a 28.50 score in the Pyramid Event after earning a 9.1, 9.8 and 9.6 scores in the three heats. At the intermission, the Cougars led 97.50 to 93.35.
- Concordia Wisconsin added 26.15 points in the Toss Event after tallying between 8.4 and 8.95 points in each heat.
- The highlights of the Tumbling Event was a 9.175 score in the 6 Element Pass before receiving a 46.775 score by the judges. The Falcons added 86.880 points in the Team Routine to conclude a stellar night.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Concordia Wisconsin's 253.155 total score is the second best in a meet in program history.
- A program scoring record was set in the Compulsory Event (37.95), while new season-highs were posted in the Acro Event (29.60), Pyramid Event (28.50), Toss Event (26.15), Tumbling Event (46.775) and Team Routine (86.88).
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels back to Georgetown College for the second time this season on Friday, March 24 for a 3 pm CST meet.