ADRIAN, Mich. – Concordia Wisconsin set three program records and pulled away late to defeat Adrian on the road during a National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association victory, 252.52 – 237.53, inside the Merillate Sports and Fitness Center.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 252.52 - 237.53
Location: Merillate Sports and Fitness Center (Adrian, Mich.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-3, Adrian 0-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons and Bulldogs kept the meet tight throughout the first five events of the dual, but it was CUW that outscored Adrian in the Team Routine to earn the road win.
- CUW accumulated 2.05 more points over Adrian to start the meet during the Compulsory Event (34.85 – 32.80), which included a 9.70 and 9.45 in the pyramid and toss heats, respectively.
- The Falcons recorded a slim .25 difference versus the Bulldogs in the Acro Event, while scoring a 9.55 in heat 2 (6 element).
- Prior to the intermission CUW again outscored Adrian by the slimmest of margins (29.40 – 29.10) and posted a 9.90 in heat 1 (flip), to go along with a 9.80 in heat 3 (release). They also had a 9.70 in heat 2 (twist).
- At halftime, the Falcons led 92.0 – 89.4 over the Bulldogs.
- CUW continued to slowly pull away after edging Adrian by .45 points (27.0 – 26.55) in the Toss Event.
- Adrian finished with a better score in the Tumbling Event (47.0 – 46.85) than CUW and trailed by 2.90 points entering the final event (165.85 - 162.95).
- The Falcons stayed steady, while the Bulldogs faultered in the Team Routine which was the difference in the meet. CUW scored an 86.67 and Adrian recorded a 74.58.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons three victories in program history have all come against the Bulldogs.
- CUW's total score in the Acro, Pyramid and Toss Events are all program highs.
- The Falcons 9.70 in the pyramid heat of the Compulsory Event tied a season high, while their 9.90 in heat 1 (flip) of the Pyramid Event was a season best.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW finishes the regular season on Sunday, April 3 at Quinnipiac.