MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin defeated Adrian College, 250.465 – 244.945, on Monday night for its first win of the season inside the R. John Buuck Field House. The meet was within a few points during the entire event.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 250.465, Adrian 244.945
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-2, Adrian 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons led from the start and narrowly escaped the Bulldogs by 5.52 points, despite being outscored in the Acro and Toss Events. It was CUW first win of the season and second in program history, both against Adrian.
- CUW won four of the six Events and outscored Adrian by at least a point in in the Compulsory, Pyramid, Tumbling and Team Events.
- The Falcons tallied a 9.70 and 9.50 in the toss and pyramid heats during the Compulsory Event to build a quick 34.25 – 33.05 lead.
- Adrian won the Acro Event by 1.10 points (26.60 – 25.50) to close its deficit.
- The Falcons answered with at least 9.35 scores in all three heats of the Pyramid Event to win 28.70 – 27.25. The Event win extended their lead back to 2.55 points (89.45 – 86.90).
- The Bulldogs wouldn't go away and won two of the three heats in the Toss Event to get back within 2.0 points overall.
- CUW sealed the victory by winning the Tumbling and Team Events. They outscored the Bulldogs in four of the six heats in the Tumbling Event.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- CUW's 9.15 score in the 6-element heat of the Acro Event is a new season high.
- The Falcons 28.70 total in the Pyramid Event is a new program best and their 8.90 score in heat 1 (2-element) of the Toss Event tied a program high.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons conclude a two-meet home stand on Wednesday, March 9 with a 6 pm meet against King inside the R. John Buuck Field House.