MEQUON, Wis. – Alec Murano scored five times and Jonathon Grodzki shot a hat trick for the Falcons as Concordia University Wisconsin routed Augustana College 11-3 to earn their first win of the season.
-Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 11, Augustana 3
-Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
-Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-4, Augustana 0-7
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Murano got the Falcons scoring started 1:42 into the game with the first of his five goals. The freshman had two goals in the first, two more in the second, and added his fifth in the third. Murano also had three assists in the win.
- The Falcons were led by Murano, but Grodzki (Tampa Bay, Fla.) put on a show of his own. The junior had a goal in each period to earn his second hat trick in as many games. Grodzki assisted on over half of the Falcons goals, leading the team with six.
- In the past two games, Murano has eight goals and Grodzki has six.
- Cody Faber (Wilmot, Wis.) added on to the route with a pair of goals and a pair of assists. The sophomore scored the last goal of the first period and the first goal of the last period.
- Andrew Doepp (New Lenox, Ill.) scored the 11th and final goal of the game for the Falcons at 15:42 in the third. Murano and Grodzki assisted the sophomore on the play.
- The Falcons outshot the Vikings 30-22. Robert Houle (Sun Prairie, Wis.) had 19 saves for the Falcons in goal.
- The Falcons face Augustana again to close out the two-game series on Saturday, October 6 at 3pm.