-Final Score: DePaul 9, Concordia Wisconsin 7
-Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
-Records: DePaul 2-0, Concordia Wisconsin 0-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons fell behind early as DePaul jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first period. CUW rallied on the strength of Murano and Grodzki's three-goal efforts to outscore the Blue Demons 7-5 the rest of the way, but the defining damage had already been done.
- Murano scored his first goal 13:54 into the second period. The freshman followed with another goal five minutes later to trim the Blue Demon lead to 6-4. Murano completed his trick 13:06 into the third period.
- Grodzki (Tampa, Fla.) started his hat trick 7:34 into the second period with the first goal of the night for the Falcons. The junior got his second goal 13:54 into the same period, before finishing his trick 13:17 into the final frame.
- Murano and Grodzki completed their tricks within 11 seconds of each other.
- Cody Faber (Wilmot, Wis.) scored the seventh goal for the Falcons and the final goal of the game at 14:49 in the third.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
-The Falcons welcome Augustana for a two-game series starting on Friday, October 5.