CHAMPAIGN, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin ACHA Men's Hockey team trailed the University of Illinois, 4-1, during the second period of the program's second-ever game. From there, the Falcons got rolling, scoring four times the rest of the way, the final three goals in the final 12 minutes, for a thrilling 5-4 comeback win.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 5, Illinois 4
- Location: University of Illinois – Champaign, Illinois
- Records: CUW 1-1; Illinois 1-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Anthony Pickering (Sylvan Lake, Alberta) scored the game-winner for the Falcons to complete the comeback. Pickering also had the game-tying score, and added an assist, marking his second-straight three-point effort to complete the season. Cole Anderson (Glen Ellyn, Ill.), who finished with a team-best five points, assisted on each of Pickering's final two goals. Shelby McPhail (Port Washington, Wis.) added an assist on the game-winner, while Andrew Doepp (New Lenox, Ill.) assisted on the tying score.
- Anderson played a role in each score for the Falcons on Saturday, scoring one goal and adding four assists. His goal, which tied the score at 1-1 at the time, was assisted by Doepp and Andrej Buchko (Peoria, Ill.).
- Buchko added a power play goal for the Falcons, one of three scores with the advantage for CUW on the day. Anderson's was also a power play tally, while Jonathon Grodzki (Tampa Bay, Fla.) added a power play goal as well. Pickering, along with Anderson assisted on Buchko's power play goal, while Buchko joined Anderson with assists on Grodzki's score.
- The Falcons will play the program's first-ever home series next weekend. CUW hosts Lake Superior State for two, the opener on Friday night at 8:15 p.m. and game two Saturday at 2:30, both contests at the Ozaukee Ice Center.
January 26, 2018 Anderson hat trick guides ACHA Hockey to convincing win
January 20, 2018 ACHA Hockey outlasts UW-Milwaukee
January 12, 2018 Aurora pulls away from ACHA Hockey in third period
January 11, 2018 ACHA Hockey returns with Friday home game against Aurora
December 12, 2017 ACHA locker room updates
December 9, 2017 ACHA Men's Hockey sweeps UW-Superior
December 8, 2017 ACHA Hockey routs UW-Superior
November 19, 2017 ACHA Hockey swept at St. Mary's
November 15, 2017 ACHA Hockey to join the NCHL in 2018-19
November 11, 2017 Pickering's monster game leads ACHA to split at Dakota College
November 4, 2017 ACHA Hockey swept at Illinois State
October 20, 2017 ACHA Hockey drops two at Bradley
October 7, 2017 ACHA Hockey drops second straight against MSOE Club
October 6, 2017 ACHA Hockey to host MSOE in home-opening series this weekend
October 6, 2017 ACHA Hockey falls in overtime against MSOE
September 30, 2017 ACHA Hockey scores three times in final 12 minutes for program's first win
September 29, 2017 ACHA Men's Hockey falls in opener at Illinois
September 18, 2017 ACHA team hosts junior program in exhibition games
February 27, 2017 Concordia Wisconsin adds ACHA Division II Men's Hockey