CLICK HERE for the game program in PDF format and print it out before you come to the match! A limited number of programs at the game will be sold for $2. Fans can access this digital program at the game by visiting CUWFalcons.com/programs
CONCORDIA WISCONSIN FALCON NOTES
• STILL A CHANCE: Concordia Wisconsin still has a chance to claim a share of the NACC title and secure a bid to the NCAA Playoffs, but there is only one scenario that needs to happen. The Falcons need to defeat Wisconsin Lutheran, Eureka needs to lose to Rockford and Lakeland needs to defeat Aurora. If those three results occur, all three teams end in a 5-2 tie in the standings, which then means point differential comes into play and Concordia Wisconsin has the best difference among those three teams.
• SENIOR SEND-OFF: Its an annual tradition, with the football program thanking and honoring its seniors and families prior to the final home game of the season. Concordia Wisconsin's nine seniors have guided the resurgence of the program this year, compiling five wins in a row and six victories.
• EXACTLY 10,000: Quarterback Aaron Nixon enters Saturday with exactly 10,000 total offensive yards in his career (8,608 passing and 1,392 rushing). The senior is one of two players in the NCAA-era to achieve such a milestone, with quarterback Austin Damaschke being the other (11,691). Nixon has six games in his career with at least 400 total offensive yards in a game, with a career-high 564 (551 pass, 13 rush) in a road game on October 8, 2016.
• PASSING DEFENSE BACKFIELD EXCELLING: The Falcons passing defense is having one of their best season's under the direction of head coach Greg Etter and defensive coordinator Adam Walker. The unit has allowed 1,570 yards and 11 touchdowns through nine games (174 yards per game). They have intercepted 11 passes and have the best pass defense efficiency against quarterbacks at 103.6.
WISCONSIN LUTHERAN WARRIORS NOTES
• LUTHER CUP AT STAKE: Wisconsin Lutheran will bring the Luther Cup to Mequon and holds a 6-4 lead in the traveling trophy series. The Warriors have won the last four meetings over the Falcons by a combined score of 92-67. Neither team has scored more than 26 points in any of the last four games. Just once in the Luther Cup series has one team scored over 40 points, with that being Concordia Wisconsin during a 58-31 victory in 2013. The Falcons also earned a 13-0 shutout win in 2009.
• STRUGGLING TO SCORE: Wisconsin Lutheran has struggled to score the football, averaging just 22.0 points per game which is second to last in the NACC. The Warriors have failed to accumulate more than 22 points in five contests this season.
• RED ZONE SUCCESS: Despite not scoring a ton of points, the Warriors have had great success when in the red zone, leading the NACC at 81 percent (25-of-31). Of those chances, 18 have ended in a touchdown.
• CLOSE VICTORIES: Wisconsin Lutheran has won both of their games this season by a combined nine points. Last week they edged Concordia Chicago at home, 30-27, behind Patrick Mathieson's two touchdown passes and Sasha Bornschlegl's three field goals (24, 36, 44). They also had an edge in time of possession (31:26 - 28:34).
• BORNSCHLEGL KICKING STRONG: Sasha Bornschlegl has given the Warriors a boost with three field goals last week. After making his first and missing the next two, he regrouped and made kicks from 36 and a game-winning 44-yarder.