WEST ALLIS, Wis. – Nora Imperl and Ashley Scheele earned All-NACC honors, helping lead the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Cross Country team to a third-place finish at the NACC Championships Saturday. Scheele earned All-NACC honors for the fourth straight season, while Imperl ran to All-NACC status for the third consecutive year.
- Course: Greenfield Park – West Allis, Wisconsin
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 11 (69 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Imperl – 24:16.94; Scheele - 24:36.94; Martha Kulberg – 25:58.66; Hannah Erl – 26:00.55; Molly Wirtz – 26:10.67
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) finished sixth in the 126-runner field. The top 15 runners earn All-NACC status and Scheele joined her teammate with a ninth-place finish. Imperl came across the finish line in a time of 24:16.94, while Scheele finished 20 seconds later at 24:36.94.
- The next three runners for the Falcons finished just outside the qualifications for All-NACC, coming in 17th through 19th place. Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) led that pack by finishing the 6K course in 25:58.66. Hannah Erl (Wauwatosa, Wis.) was just behind Kulberg, running a 26:00.55, while Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.) was next at 26:10.67.
- Junior Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) posted a finish of 26:20.75 as she finished 21st for the Falcons, one of seven runners inside the top 25. The seventh of those was junior Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) who clocked in at 26:37.37.
- The Falcons placed two more runners inside the top 30 on Saturday, showcasing impressive depth. Senior Lindsey Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) was 28th at 26:58.04, just ahead of senior Jolyn Achs (Gurnee, Ill.) who came across at 27:03.72.
- Aurora won the meet for the sixth time, capturing its fourth title in the last five years. Defending champion Edgewood was second, finishing just behind the Spartans (39-45).
- Jackie Schane of Aurora won the individual title, coming across the finish line in a time of 23:24.82.
- The Falcons will be back at it in two weeks at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals. The meet will be at Lake Breeze Golf Course with the women set to run at 11 a.m.