WARRENVILLE, Ill. – The Concordia University Women's Cross Country team had another strong showing Friday afternoon at the Benedictine Eagle Invitational. The Falcons placed second out of 17 teams, led by Nora Imperl, who was fourth in the 6K event.
- Course: St. James Forest Preserve – Warrenville, Illinois.
- Team Leaderboard: 2nd of 17 (76 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Imperl – 23:14.9; Molly Wirtz – 24:07.2; Ashley Scheele – 24:10.3; Carolyn Arndt – 24:26.2; Martha Kulberg – 24:28.0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) once again paced the Falcons pack on Friday, finishing fourth in the 195-runner field. She crossed the finish line in 23:14.9.
- Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.) had another strong showing for the Falcons, finishing 15th with a time of 24:07.2. The time was the best of the season for Wirtz, beating her previous best by 25 seconds. Scheele (Kohler, Wis.) came in just behind Wirtz, finishing 17th with a time of 24:10.3.
- Arndt (Rochester, Minn.) and Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) continue to impress for the Falcons, both finishing as scoring runners once again on Friday. Arndt crossed the finish line at 24:26.2, a PR time for the sophomore. Kulberg also ran a PR, coming across in 24:28.
- Junior Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) finished just behind Kulberg on Friday, running her race at 24:28.1. Senior Hannah Erl (Wauwatosa, Wis.) was next in line for CUW, coming across the finish line at 24:57.1. Erl's mark was a PR time.
- The Falcons finished just five points behind Augustana, who won the meet with 71 points. CUW was the top finishing NACC school, beating out Benedictine, Aurora, Dominican, and Concordia Chicago.
- Ali Gutt of Harper won the race, coming across the finish line in a time of 22:45.
- The Falcons will be back in action next weekend at the UW-Oshkosh AAE Invitational. The women's race is set for a 10:30 a.m. start.