MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin head coach Janelle Katz reached the 100 milestone on Friday evening, as the Falcons defeated Dominican 3-0 (25-19, 25-22, 25-15) inside the Igini Sports Forum during a NACC match.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Dominican 0 (25-19, 25-22, 25-15)
Location: Igini Sports Forum (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 21-2, 7-0 NACC; Dominican 11-10, 4-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Falcons' head coach Janelle Katz became the fastest coach to reach the 100 milestone in program history in just her 148 match. She has guided the team to three 20-plus win seasons in this being her fifth season on the sidelines.
- Concordia Wisconsin hit .306 in a match that was tightly contested with 23 scoring ties and 13 lead changes. They post hitting percentages of .303, .346 and .282, respectively, in each of the three sets.
- The Falcons built a 21-12 advantage in the later stages of the opening set and had to hold off a Stars 6-2 scoring run before winning 25-19.
- The second frame was much closer, with 15 scoring ties and eight lead changes. The scoreboard was knotted at 20-20 before junior Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.) and sophomore Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) each had a pair of kills to propel the visitors to a 25-22 win and a 2-0 advantage in the match.
- By the time the third set began, Concordia Wisconsin had worn out Dominican, and put together a 12-5 scoring run to start. They eventually slammed the door shut with a 7-2 scoring run to close the match and stay atop the NACC standings undefeated.
- Mayer led all players with 13 kills, while hitting .346 (13K-4E-26A). Senior Kaily (Moegenburg) Erdman (Plymouth, Wis.) added 10 kills and 13 digs. Senior Lauren Nevinski (New Berlin, Wis.) posted seven kills and a .700 attack percentage.
- Junior Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) led the Falcons with 18 assists and Nevinski serviced a pair of aces.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Of Katz's 100 career victories, 70 have ended in a 3-0 victory.
- The Falcons hit over .300 for the fifth time this season.
- Kendyl Todd led the Stars with eight kills and Anastasia Labadessa led all players with 20 assists.
- Lauren LaVigne dug 10 attack attempts and Stephanie Cole had three block assists.
- Dominican recorded 6.0 total team blocks, compared to Concordia Wisconsin's 3.0 total team blocks.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will travel down a mere three minutes east to battle Concordia Chicago on Saturday for a 12 pm NACC matchup.