MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Volleyball team has made a habit of making quick work of its opponents this season. Friday, on the opening day of the NACC/IIAC Challenge, was no different as the Falcons posted a pair of 3-0 wins over Nebraska Wesleyan and Coe.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Nebraska Wesleyan 0; Concordia Wisconsin 3, Coe 0
- Location: R. John Buuck Field House – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 14-1, NWU 7-5; Coe 7-8
CUW 3, NWU 0
- The Falcons won the first and third sets by scores of 25-12, and had more of a challenge in the second set, recording a 25-21 win. CUW hit .227 or better in each set, including an outstanding .500 in the third and final set.
- Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) paced the Falcons with 13 kills and a .400 attack percentage. Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.) added 11 kills and a .391 attack percentage. As a team the Falcons finished with 47 kills compared to just 11 errors when on the attack, as both Kelsey Kleba (.500) and Lauren Nevinski (.545) had efficient matches.
- Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) was setting up the Falcons hitters for success with 26 assists, while Mackenzie Wockenfus (Appleton, Wis.) chipped in with 11 helpers.
- Kaily (Moegenburg) Erdman (Plymouth, Wis.) had a strong all-around game with eight kills and 16 digs. Lindsey Casper (Hubertus, Wis.) led CUW with 19 digs, while Sedo added eight.
CUW 3, COE 0
- The second match was very similar to the first for the Falcons with dominant first and third sets, and a closer call in the second. CUW downed Coe 25-13, 25-21, 25-15.
- Erdman paced CUW in the nightcap with a double-double, registering 10 kills and 11 digs. Mayer added eight kills, while Kleba once again was efficient with a .429 attack percentage.
- Wockenfus totaled 13 assists, while Sedo added 12 in the second sweep of the night for CUW.
- The Falcons will be back in action tomorrow for day two of the NACC/IIAC Challenge. CUW will face Wartburg and Luther on Saturday. Wartburg went 2-0 Friday, while Luther finished 1-1.
October 21, 2017 Seniors lead Falcons to share of NACC regular season title
October 20, 2017 Falcons defeat Spartans in battle of NACC’s undefeated teams
October 19, 2017 Block Solo Notes: Falcons have important NACC matches in sight
October 16, 2017 #CUWStatsInfo: Katz becomes program's fastest coach to 100 wins
October 14, 2017 Falcons remain perfect in NACC play
October 13, 2017 Katz reaches 100 wins milestone in Women’s Volleyball victory
October 7, 2017 Experienced gained in Women’s Volleyball victory
October 6, 2017 Falcons overcome slow start against Eagles, Nevinski sets record
October 5, 2017 Block Solo Notes: Busy weekend ahead for Falcons
October 4, 2017 Falcons sweep Pointers in convincing fashion
October 3, 2017 Block Solo Notes: Falcons welcome nationally ranked Pointers
September 30, 2017 Women’s Volleyball extends NACC winning streak to 17 matches
September 29, 2017 A force to be reckoned with
September 29, 2017 Women's Volleyball sweeps Wisconsin Lutheran in NACC road match
September 23, 2017 Schultz smashes 32 kills, Women’s Volleyball splits matches
September 22, 2017 Falcons sweep two on first day of NACC/IIAC Challenge
September 21, 2017 Block Solo Notes: NACC-IIAC Challenge Series on the horizon
September 20, 2017 Falcons offense on fire during sweep of Sabres
September 15, 2017 First set energy propels Falcons to another sweep
September 13, 2017 Falcons begin NACC play on positive note
September 12, 2017 Block Solo Notes: Falcons host Muskies in NACC opener
September 9, 2017 Falcons sweep both opponents to close Pizza Hut Classic
September 8, 2017 Women’s Volleyball splits matches at Pizza Hut Classic
September 5, 2017 Women’s Volleyball sweeps Lake Forest
September 2, 2017 Falcons are back-to-back CIT champs!
September 1, 2017 Falcons fly by Cardinals in season-opening sweep
August 24, 2017 Women's Volleyball picked to repeat as NACC champions
May 9, 2017 Support the Volleyball program