FOND du LAC, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin's offense was on another level Wednesday night, posting a season-best .396 attack percentage en route to a sweep at Marian 3-0 (25-20, 25-11, 25-17) inside Sadoff Gymnasium.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Marian 0 (25-20, 25-11, 25-17)
Location: Sadoff Gymnasium (Fond du Lac, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-1 (2-0 NACC), Marian 3-7 (1-1 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin and Marian were close for the first portion of the opening set, before the visitors put together a 12-4 scoring run, which forced the hosts into a timeout. It didn't matter because the pendulum had swayed far enough in the Falcons favor and won the first set 25-20.
- Putting it lightly, the offense was on fire for Concordia Wisconsin – posting a .396 attack percentage for the match. They had a .438 and .478 attack percentage in the first two sets.
- The second frame was quick, as the Falcons scored 12 of the last 15 points to win 25-11 and take a 2-0 lead in the contest.
- Marian rallied in the third stanza, with five-straight points to take a 14-13 lead. It didn't last long, as Concordia Wisconsin showed with they are the defending NACC champions with a 7-1 scoring run to win by sweep.
- In all, five Falcons recorded eight kills in the victory and junior Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) led all players with 22 assists. Senior Lindsey Casper (Hubertus, Wis.) served a trio of aces.
- Defensively, senior Kaily (Moegenburg) Erdman (Plymouth, Wis.) had a match-best 15 digs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons .396 attack percentage was a season-high and the sixth best percentage in a match in program history.
- Alexandra Meidl and Jamie Schrauth each had five kills for the Sabres, while Amber Baker posted 15 assists.
Cheyenne Henson tallied six digs and Jenna Moehn recorded two block assists.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will compete against Nebraska Wesleyan, Coe, Wartburg and Luther this weekend inside the R. John Buuck Field House as part of the NACC-IIAC Challenge Series.