WHITEWATER, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team took part in the UW-Whitewater Drake Alternative Meet Saturday. The Falcons had some solid performances as they gear up for next weekend's NACC Championships.
- Falcons Finish: No Team Scores
- Location: Rex Foster Track Complex at Fiskum Field – Whitewater, Wisconsin
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons had several solid performances, most notably in the field events. Among those was in the triple jump where Alden Goucher (3rd) and Morgan Marnholtz (7th) posted top-10 finishes. Goucher landed at 11.06 meters, while Marnholtz was recorded at 10.35 meters.
- CUW also received a pair of top-ten finishes in the javelin throw, led by Christine Swoboda who landed a toss of 31.80 meters. Chloe Eckstein placed 10th in the event, recording a throw of 29.81 meters. In other throwing events, Megan Curran placed seventh in the shot put (12.35 meters).
- Rounding out the top 10 performances in the field events was Jennifer Miller in the pole vault. Miller cleared 3.14 meters for a seventh-place finish.
- Cassandra Sprotte placed seventh in the 1,500-meter run, crossing the finish line in a time of 4:59.35.
- The Falcons other two top-10 performances were in a pair of relays. Marnholtz, Molly Wirtz, Sprotte, and Goucher finished second in the 4X400-meter relay, running a 4:21.05. In the 4X100-meter relay, Megan Sprinkman, Tristiana March, Irene Bolis, and Miller placed fifth (51.80).
- Nora Imperl received an invitation to compete at the Drake Relays this weekend, one of the top meets in the nation. Imperl ran in the 10,000-meter run, placing 23rd with a time of 41:06.57. The meet consists of top athletes across the region and nation, including Division I students.
- Bolis (200) - 27.77
- Curran (Javelin) - 21.13
- Rileigh Dunning (1,500) - 5:31.35
- Goucher (Triple Jump) - 11.06
- Joleen Gravelle (Shot Put) - 9.63
- Gravelle (Hammer Throw) - 35.16
- Gravelle (Javelin Throw) - 22.96
- Morgan Kropidlowski (200) - 30.59
- Sprinkman (100) - 13.30
- The Falcons will compete at the two-day NACC Championships next Friday and Saturday. The meet will begin Friday at 9:30 a.m. and will be hosted by Benedictine.
March 3, 2018 Corkum concludes indoor season at Pointer Final Qualfier
February 25, 2018 Women's Track & Field finishes second at NACC Indoor Championships
February 22, 2018 Women's Track & Field ready for NACC Championships
February 17, 2018 Women's Track & Field competes at Titan Challenge
February 10, 2018 Pole Vault crew paces Women's Track & Field Saturday
January 26, 2018 Sprotte, Bolis set school records at Tadd Metzger Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 5, 2017 Corkum lands NACC Women's Track & Field Weekly award
December 2, 2017 Women's Track & Field opens season at UW-Oshkosh meet