OSHKOSH, Wis. – Carolyn Arndt, Molly Wirtz, Cassandra Sprotte and Morgan Marnholtz flew to first place in the 4 x 400, as Taylor Corkum also placed first, pacing the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field Team at the Titan Challenge inside the Kolf Sports Center. The Falcons finished 5th out of 12 teams on Saturday.
Falcons Finish: 5th of 12 (38.5)
Location: Kolf Sports Center – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Individual Champions:4x 400-meter relay; Corkum (Pole Vault)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin's 4x400 meter relay team topped the field as junior Carolyn Arndt (Rochester, Minn.), junior Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.), senior Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) and junior Morgan Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.) ran with power notching a 4:17.15 final time. The Falcons finished seven seconds ahead of the second place team Ripon.
- Senior Taylor Corkum (Wauwatosa, Wis.) soared to first place clearing a height of 3.50 meters. Corkum beat out UW-Eau Claire Pole Vaulter by .15 meters. Junior Jennifer Miller (Freedom, Wis.) finished 6th to close out the event for the Falcons.
- The Falcons saw a flurry of top-six finishes with senior Nora Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) coming in 4th in the 800 meter. Imperl recorded 2:23.55 time while freshman Alden Goucher (Port Charlotte, Fla.) and Arndt finished in 8th and 9th to round out the event. Sophomore Nicole Veldhorst (Cedar Grove, Wis.) placed 6th in High Jump clearing 1.55 meters, Goucher finished 6th in the triple jump by recording a distance of 11.10 meters, and freshman Megan Curran (Spring Grove, Ill.) finished 6th in the shot put with a distance of 11.85 meters.
- Megan Curran - Shot Put (11.85)
- Megan Curran – Weight Throw (13.59)
- Sophia Fonte – 60H (11.10)
- Nora Imperl – 800 (2:23.55)
- Morgan Kropidlowski - 60 (9.12)
- Anna Palmer – 800 (2:48.34)
- Megan Sprinkman - 200 (28.42)
- Nicole Veldhorst – Triple Jump (10.20)
- Veldhorst - High Jump (1.55)
- Concordia Wisconsin will take action next in the NACC Indoor Championships at 11:00 am on Sunday February 25th.