KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team posted a second-place finish in its second meet of the season Saturday at the Private College Invitational. The Falcons had three event wins at the event hosted by Carthage.
- Falcons Finish: 2nd of 7 (96.5 points)
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Event Winners: Nora Imperl (3,000), Taylor Corkum (Pole Vault), 4X400-meter relay
HOW IT HAPPENED
- As is often the case, the Falcons put together a strong showing in the pole vault Saturday. Corkum led the way by clearing 3.35 meters for the event win and was joined in the top five by Jennifer Miller (3.20) who finished second and Kailey Koehler (2.75) who finished fourth.
- Nora Imperl captured an individual title in the 3,000-meter run, finishing the race in 10:34.71. The Falcons also received a second-place finish in the mile run from Cassandra Sprotte, who posted a time of 5:31.76.
- Briana Gratz posted a fourth-place finish in the 400-meter dash, running a 1:08.57. The Falcons also gained a win in the 4X400-meter relay, finishing the race in 4:27.57.
- Miller finished fourth in the 55-meter dash Saturday, crossing the finish line in 7.86 seconds. Irene Bolis added a second-place finish for CUW in the 55-meter hurdles, posting a time of 9.41.
- CUW had a pair of top-five finishers in the triple jump in Alden Goucher and Morgan Marnholtz. Goucher placed second landing at 10.85 meters while Marnholtz (10.12) placed fourth. Megan Curran added a fifth-place finish for CUW in the shot put, landing a throw of 10.93 meters.
- Megan Curran - Weight Throw (12.28)
- Joleen Gravelle - Shot Put (9.12)
- Gravelle - Weight Throw (11.37)
- Megan Sprinkman - 200 (28.85)
- Christine Swoboda - High Jump (1.40)
- The Falcons are off next weekend before returning to Kenosha for the Tadd Metzger Invitational in two weeks. The meet, which is scheduled for Friday, January 26, is set to start at 3:30 p.m.
February 17, 2018 Women's Track & Field competes at Titan Challenge
February 10, 2018 Pole Vault crew paces Women's Track & Field Saturday
January 26, 2018 Sprotte, Bolis set school records at Tadd Metzger Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 5, 2017 Corkum lands NACC Women's Track & Field Weekly award
December 2, 2017 Women's Track & Field opens season at UW-Oshkosh meet