MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field began its indoor season at the UW-Oshkosh Titan Early Bird meet Saturday. The Falcons had some solid performance, including a trio of first-place finishes. Nora Imperl, Taylor Corkum, and Cassandra Sprotte all won events for CUW.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 7 (93 points)
- Location: Kolf Sports Center – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Sprotte (Mile); Imperl (3K); Corkum (Pole Vault)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons got strong efforts in distance races led by the wins by Sprotte and Imperl. Sprotte posted a 5:29.89 in the mile, while Imperl clocked in at 10:39.28 in the 3,000-meter run. LaNea Bartel added a fifth-place finish in the mile for CUW Saturday.
- As has been the case in every meet the past couple of seasons, the pole vault crew performed well Saturday. Corkum won the event by clearing 3.48 meters, while Jennifer Miller and Kailey Koehler finished second and fourth place, respectively.
- Morgan Marnholtz had a solid day for CUW, posting a pair of top-five finishes. She finished second in the high jump, clearing 1.45 meters, and placed fourth in the triple jump. Alden Goucher posted a third-place finish in the triple jump at 10.63 meters.
- Miller added another top-five finish for the Falcons in the 200-meter dash. In other sprinting events, Megan Sprinkman finished fourth in the 60-meter dash in her first collegiate meet. The Falcons also had a pair of top-five finishers in the 60-meter hurdles in Moira Kilgas and Irene Bolis.
- The Falcons will compete at the Carthage Private College Invite on January 13.
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 5, 2017 Corkum lands NACC Women's Track & Field Weekly award
December 2, 2017 Women's Track & Field opens season at UW-Oshkosh meet