NAPERVILLE, Ill. – Cassandra Sprotte broke her own school record and also set the NACC record in the 800-meter run, highlighting the Concordia University Track & Field teams performances at the Dr. Keeler Invitational Friday.
- NACC Records: Sprotte (800)
- School Records: Sprotte (800); Colleen Sauvey (HT)
- Event Winners: Gavin Falotico (Javelin); Samual Spranger (400)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) ran with an incredibly fast field on Friday and it showed in her NACC record-setting time. She came across the finish line in 2:14.19.
- Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) broke her own school record in the hammer throw. She landed a toss of 49.92 meters.
- Falotico (Palatine, Ill.) posted another win in the javelin for the Falcons. His best throw reached 59.59 meters. Currently, Falotico ranks 23rd nationally in the javelin throw, meaning he needs to climb three spots over the next week to reach the NCAA Division III Championships.
- Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) won the 400-meter dash, running his race in a time of 48.92.
- Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) moved into the top 20 nationally in the 400 hurdles with a PR time of 53.74. He ranks 20th, meaning he will still likely need to improve upon his time over the next week to qualify for the NCAA Division III Championships.
- The Falcons will continue to compete at last chance meets over the next week in hopes of qualifying athletes for the NCAA Division III Championships.