OSHKOSH, Wis. – Nora Imperl placed first in the 5,000-meter run as the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team finished fourth at the UW-Oshkosh Titan Challenge Saturday.
- Falcons Finish: 5th of 12 (47.5 points)
- Location: Kolf Sports Center – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Individual Winners: Nora Imperl (5K – 18:18.41)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) won the 5K by running a time of 18:18.41. She finished the race over a minute faster than her closest competitor.
- The Falcons also received a strong finish in a distance event from Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.), who placed second in 3,000-meter run. Kulberg finished the race in a time of 11:02.04.
- CUW also received a pair of top-five finishes from Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) and Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) in the mile run. Sprotte came in third at 5:19.54, while Agnello was fifth, completing the race in a time of 5:24.2.
- The Falcons added three top-five finishes in field events on Saturday, led by Jennifer Miller (Freedom, Wis.) in the pole vault. She cleared 3.40 meters to take fourth place.
- Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) had a strong performance in the weight throw, placing fifth with a toss of 15.28 meters. Morgan Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.) added a fifth-place finish in the triple jump for CUW, coming in at 10.66 meters.
- Irene Bolis (400 – 1:04.39)
- Beth Garncarz (Shot Put – 10.51 meters)
- Kulberg (3K – 11:02.04)
- Sam Meixell (Long Jump – 4.49 meters)
- Miller (PV – 3.40)
- Cassidy Pethke (60 Hurdles – 10.61)
- Pethke (200 – 30.18)
- Sauvey (Weight Throw – 15.28)
- Sauvey (200 – 27.20)
- Molly Wirtz (Mile – 5:25.41)
- The Falcons will compete at the NACC Indoor Championships next Saturday. The meet is set for an 11 a.m. start and will be held in Kenosha at Carthage College.