PLATTEVILLE, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field competed at the UW-Platteville Invitational Saturday. The Falcons had several strong performances at a meet featuring several quality teams.
- Location: Williams Fieldhouse – Platteville, Wisconsin
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons performed well in the 60-meter dash led by fourth and fifth-place finishes from Colleen Sauvey and Jennifer Miller, respectively. Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) ran a strong PR of 8.06 in the prelims and finished fourth with a time of 8.15 in the finals. Miller (Freedom, Wis.) was just behind at 8.16 for fifth-place in the finals.
- Miller added a third-place finish in the pole vault by clearing 3.25 meters. She tied with teammate Taylor Corkum who also cleared 3.25 meters.
- The Falcons had some good performances in the relays as well on Saturday, including a second-place finish in the distance medley. The team of Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.), Sam Meixell (Rochester, Minn.), Lindsey Fratzke (Winona, Minn.), and Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) finished the race in a time of 14:37.43.
- CUW also earned a fifth-place finish in the 4X200-meter relay by completing the race in 1:57.31. That team consisted of Tatiana March (Janesville, Wis.), Meixell, Cassidy Pethke (Larsen, Wis.), and Moira Kilgas (Omro, Wis.).
- Meixell had a very strong day for the Falcons, also picking up PRs in the shot put and long jump.
- Agnello (800 – 2:26.16)
- Irene Bolis (60 Hurdles – 10.02)
- Hannah Erl (Mile – 5:39.31)
- Kilgas (60 Hurdles – 10.24)
- Kailey Koehler (Pole Vault – 2.95 meters)
- March (Shot Put – 8.84 meters)
- Meixell (Shot Put – 7.17)
- Meixell (Long Jump – 4.35 meters)
- Miller (60-meter dash – 8.12)
- Pethke (60 Hurdles – 10.62)
- Sauvey (60 – 8.06)
- The Falcons will compete next Saturday at the UW-Oshkosh Titan Challenge. The meet is set to start at 10:30 a.m.