GRINNELL, Iowa – Led by the school-record breaking performance of the 4X200-meter relay team, the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team finished second at the Grinnell College Invite Saturday. The Falcons also received a win in the mile from Paulina Agnello.
- Falcons Finish: 2nd of 14 (105 points)
- Individual Winners: 4X200-meter relay (Jennifer Miller, Morgan Marnholtz, Irene Bolis, Colleen Sauvey; 1:51.57); Paulina Agnello (Mile – 5:28.75).
- School Records: 4X200-meter relay
- Team Champion: Grand View (112.5 points)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Miller, Marnholtz, Bolis and Sauvey not only set the school record but also won the 4X200-meter relay on Saturday. They bested the previous best school mark by nearly two seconds, the previous record coming in 2008.
- The Falcons had plenty of success on the track, especially in the mile run. Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) won the event by running a 5:28.75, while Lindsey Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) finished second with a time of 5:40.02.
- In the 3,000-meter run, the Falcons had finishes of second and fourth place, beginning with Nora Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.), who crossed the finish line in 10:45.83. Teammate Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) finished fourth with a time of 11:22.24. The Falcons also went 3-4 in the 800-meter run thanks to strong performances by Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) and Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.). Wirtz was third at 2:27.62, while Sprotte was .32 seconds behind.
- Continuing a strong distance day for the Falcons, Hannah Erl (Wauwatosa, Wis.) ran to a third-place finish in the 5K, completing the race in 19:12.89.
- In the sprints, CUW was led by a fourth-place finish in the 60-meter dash from Miller (Freedom, Wis.). Marnholtz added a fifth-place finish in the 400.
- Miller added a strong showing in the pole vault, finishing in second place by clearing 3.05 meters. Ariana Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) also cleared 3.05 meters for the Falcons.
- Nicole Veldhorst (Cedar Grove, Wis.) had a strong showing in field events for CUW on Saturday, finishing fourth in the high jump and fifth in the triple jump. She cleared 1.50 meters in the high jump while leaping 9.53 in the triple. Marnholtz was third in the triple jump at 9.99 meters.
- The Falcons will be back in action next weekend at the UW-Platteville Invitational Saturday. The meet is set for an 11 a.m. start.