KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team had a strong day at the Private College Invite Saturday, finishing second among eight teams. Jennifer Miller paced the Falcons with a pair of first-place finishes, as well as tying for first in the pole vault with teammate Ariana Koehler.
- Falcons Score: 132 points (2nd of 8)
- Location: Tarble Athletic Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Falcons First-Place Finishers: Jennifer Miller (55-meter dash – 7.61; 200-meter dash – 27.18; Pole Vault – 3.05 meters) Ariana Koehler (Pole Vault – 3.05 meters)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Miller (Freedom, Wis.) won both the 55-meter and 200-meter dashes on Saturday. She ran a 7.61 in the 55 while posting a time of 27.18 in the 200. She also tied with Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) for the individual title in the pole vault, both clearing 3.05 meters.
- The Falcons had most of the competitors in the pole vault and thus also had two athletes tie for fourth. Alisa Dorothy (Waukesha, Wis.) and Kailey Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) each cleared 2.60 meters.
- The Falcons had several other strong performances throughout the day, including in distance races. In the mile, Nora Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) ran a 5:20.11 for a second-place finish, while Lindsey Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) finished fifth. Jolyn Achs (Gurnee, Ill.) added a fourth-place finish in the 3,000-meter run.
- Also on the track, the Falcons received a fourth-place finish in the 400-meter dash from Morgan Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.), while gaining a fourth-place finish in the 55-meter hurdles from Irene Bolis (Marengo, Ill.). Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) joined Miller in a strong a 55-meter dash for the Falcons as she finished in third.
- Just like in the pole vault, the triple jump was made up of primarily Falcons on Saturday. CUW had four of the five competitors in the event, led by Marholtz's second-place finish. Nicole Veldhorst (Cedar Grove, Wis.) added a third-place finish.
- Achs (3K – 12:14.05)
- Bolis (55H – 9.51)
- Leslie Christiansen (Mile – 6:11.71)
- Tatiana March (55H – 10.56)
- March (Shot Put – 8.63 meters)
- Tristiana March (200 – 28.87)
- Miller (55 – 7.61)
- Miller (200 – 27.18)
- Cassidy Pethke (55H – 9.80)
- Pethke (200 – 31.66)
- Kathryn Schultz (Triple Jump – 9.51)
- Schultz (200 – 32.38)
- Veldhorst (Triple Jump – 10.09)
- Sarah Vogel (800 – 2:51.66)
- The Falcons are off next weekend before returning to Kenosha in two weeks for the Tadd Metzger Invitational. The meet is set for Friday, January 27 at 3:30 p.m.