KENOSHA, Wis. – Senior Nicole Larson set the Carthage Tarble Athletic Center facility record in the pole vault as the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team had a few select athletes compete in the Carthage Final Qualifier Friday evening.
- Location: Cartage Tarble Athletic Center – Kenosha, Wis.
- Individual Champions: Nicole Larson (Pole Vault), Ariel Kinlow (55-meter dash), Damon Nick (55-meter hurdles)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Larson (Milwaukee, Wis.) cleared 3.90 meters, which tied her season-best and set the facility record as well. She is a near lock to qualify for the NCAA Division III Indoor National Championships, as she currently ranks fourth in the nation with her height of 3.90 meters.
- Kinlow (Brown Deer, Wis.) won the 55-meter dash after running a 7.22 in the finals. Kinlow currently ranks 16th nationally in the 60-meter dash (converted time of 7.75) and will need to find her way into the top 14 to qualify for the national meet. She has one more race tomorrow at UW-Stevens Point.
- Nick (Slinger, Wis.) won the 55-meter hurdles, while teammate Silas Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) finished second in the event. Nick ran a 7.87 in the finals.
- Senior Karli Tatum (Milwaukee, Wis.) competed in both the shot put and pole vault on Friday. She finished fourth in the weight throw by landing a toss of 15.29 meters, while placing fifth in the shot put at 11.94 meters.
- Senior Bathong Pham (Milwaukee, Wis.) competed in the pole vault and finished seventh after clearing 4.11 meters.
- A few Falcons will be competing in another Last Chance meet tomorrow, this one hosted by UW-Stevens Point. The meet is scheduled for a 10:30 a.m. start.