KENOSHA, Wis. – The distance medley relay team of Nora Imperl, Carolyn Arndt, Cassandra Sprotte and Marya Haegler broke their own school record, while freshman Morgan Marnholtz captured two individual titles to lead the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team at the Tadd Metzger Invitational Friday. The Falcons finished third as a team, which included defeating defending NACC Champion, Aurora.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 5 (128 points)
- Champions: Distance Medley Relay (Imperl, Arndt, Sprotte, Haegler – School Record 12:34.67), Morgan Marnholtz (400, Long Jump) – 1:03.38, 5.05; Paulina Agnello (Mile – 5:32.08), Nicole Larson (Pole Vault – 3.66 meters)
- Team Champion: Carthage College (193 points)
- Location: Carthage College- Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The DMR team broke the school record by posting a time of 12:34.67, a time nearly 24 seconds faster than when they set the record two weeks ago. The Falcons also won the DMR race on Friday as well.
- Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.) had a huge day, posting three top-five finishes. Marnholtz ran to a title in the 400 after posting a time of 1:03.38, while adding a first-place finish in the long jump, leaping 5.05 meters. She added a fifth-place spot in the triple jump (10.42 meters).
- Junior Nicole Larson (Milwaukee, Wis.) is now a perfect 4-for-4 in winning the pole vault event in her Falcons career. This week Larson cleared 3.66 meters en route to the pole vault title. The Falcons had two other top-five finishes in the pole vault on Friday, coming from Ariana and Kailey Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.). Ariana Koehler finished third by clearing 3.06 meters, while Kailey posted a fifth-place finish at 2.61 meters.
- Sophomore Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) led a talented Falcons group in the mile, winning the race with a time of 5:32.08. Junior Lindsey Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) came in second with a time of 5:40.47, while sophomore Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) crossed the finish line in 5:46.93, finishing in fourth.
- Senior Karli Tatum (Milwaukee, Wis.) turned in another strong day in throws for the Falcons, posting a pair of second-place finishes. Tatum placed second in the shot put by landing a toss of 12.23 meters, while finishing as the runner-up in the weight throw as well with a mark of 14.30 meters.
- Freshman Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.) earned a third-place finish in the 800-meter run on Saturday, running a time of 2:27.40. Junior Hannah Erl (Wauwatosa, Wis.) added a third-place finish in the 5,000 with a time of 20:25.11.
- Carthage captured the team title, which featured five very strong teams from the Midwest. Also competing at the meet was Wheaton, Aurora and Carroll.
- The Falcons are off next weekend before taking part in the UW-Platteville Invitational in two weeks. The meet, scheduled for February 13, is set for an 11 a.m. start.