Mequon, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin started conference play this Wednesday as they faced Lakeland, winning 9-0. CUW extends their NACC winning streak to 19 games.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Lakeland 0
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-0 (1-0 NACC), Lakeland 0-3 (0-1 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin swept all three doubles matches to a score of 8-3, 8-1, and 8-0. The Falcons have only lost one doubles match in two contests this year, building momentum as they get into the heart of their schedule.
-The Falcons started the day off fast with junior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) coming out on top of their singles matches 6-0, 6-2 and 6-1, 6-0 respectively.
- CUW also had very strong performances from senior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) and senior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) who beat their opponents 6-0, 6-1 and 6-1, 6-0. Falcons used these strong scores to propel themselves to a convincing 9-0 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Lakeland was outscored by CUW 72-9 in singles matches and 24-4 in doubles matches. The Falcons have found success in singles play by only losing one match in two contests.
- CUW has a 19-match NACC regular season winning streak dating back to 2014.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will take on Alverno this Saturday at 10:00 am followed by a 2:00 pm match with Concordia Chicago on the CUW Tennis Courts.