MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin dropped an 8-1 non-conference decision to Carroll University on Sunday morning.
Sophomore Ashley Knoll (Wilmot, Wis.) won the Falcons lone point at No. 4 singles with a 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (12-10) tiebreaking victory. Her teammates played deep into each set against the Pioneers, but fell short.
CU (12-8) won all three doubles points, but was pushed at No. 3 by CUW's freshman Mchaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) and Hayley Paykel (Mequon, Wis.) who fell 8-6. It was also competitive during singles play, with just won set of the 12 played ending with a sweep of the points.
CUW returns to action on Saturday, April 26 for a non-conference match against the University of Dubuque at 12 p.m. at Reindahl Park in Madison, Wis.
Carroll 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
1. Pellett, Abigail (CU) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-2, 6-0
2. Patzin, Julia (CU) def. Weber, Kristine (CUW) 6-2, 6-1
3. Lambrecht, Allison (CU) def. Carroll, Elizabeth (CUW) 6-4, 6-4
4. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) def. Hoyord, Samantha (CU) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (12-10)
5. Schweiss, Julie (CU) def. Sapp, Jessica (CUW) 6-4, 6-3
6. Wick, Sarah (CU) def. Wagner, Michaela (CUW) 6-2, 6-3
1. Pellett, Abigail/Patzin, Julia (CU) def. McCormick, Emily/Carroll, Elizabeth (CUW) 8-1
2. Lambrecht, Allison/Hoyord, Samantha (CU) def. Weber, Kristine/Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 8-4
3. Wick, Sarah/McCarthy, Katherine (CU) def. Wagner, Michaela/Paykel, Hayley (CUW) 8-6
Concordia Wisconsin 11-10