JACKSON, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin returned to the court for the first time since October to start its spring season against Saint Mary's University on Friday evening. The Cardinals took the non-conference match, 8-1, at Pleasant Valley Tennis Club.
SMU (3-2) won all three doubles matches and took five of the six singles matches to control the matchup. The Falcons lone victory of the night came at No. 6 singles when Elizabeth Carroll downed her opponent 6-1, 6-0.
CUW (10-4) was blanked in two singles matches and scored just a point in another singles match.
The Falcons return to the court on March 25 when they begin their four-day spring break trip against the University of St. Thomas and Colby College in Hilton Head, S.C.
Saint Mary's 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
02/28/14 at Jackson, Wis. (Pleasant Valley Tennis Club)
1. Grace Zachman (SMU) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-4, 6-3
2. Lindsey Reinisch (SMU) def. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Megan Vandenberg (SMU) def. Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Haley Jorgensen (SMU) def. Sapp, Jessica (CUW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Stacey Buss (SMU) def. Paykel, Hayley (CUW) 6-4, 6-0
6. Carroll, Elizabeth (CUW) def. Lindsay Almberg (SMU) 6-1, 6-0
1. Lindsey Reinisch/Megan Vandenberg (SMU) def. McCormick, Emily/Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 8-2
2. Grace Zachman/Haley Jorgensen (SMU) def. Knoll, Ashley/Carroll, Elizabeth (CUW) 8-4
3. Stacey Buss/Allie Serres (SMU) def. Wagner, Michaela/Macioch, Alisia (CUW) 8-2
Saint Mary's 3-2
Concordia Wisconsin 10-4