Women's Tennis ends spring trip with loss to Colby
HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Colby College blanked Concordia University Wisconsin, 9-0, in a non-conference women's tennis match. The loss was the fifth-consecutive to end the Flacons spring trip.
The Falcons didn't compete in the No. 6 or No. 3 doubles match to give CC (8-1) the wins by default.
CUW (9-8) returns to the court on Sunday, April 7 for a non-conference matchup against Lawrence University. The match will start a six-match home stand for the Falcons.
03/28/13 at Hilton Head, S.C.
1. Perese, Tess (COC) def. Spransy, Julie (CUW) 6-1, 6-1
2. Bogo, Holly (COC) def. Reinke, Callie (CUW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Talamo, Erica (COC) def. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. McAuliff, Alex (COC) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-2, 6-0
5. Levine, Danielle (COC) def. Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 6-0, 6-1
6. Sutherland, Maggie (COC) def. No player (CUW), by default
1. Perese, Tess/Wiener, Sarah (COC) def. Spransy, Julie/Reinke, Callie (CUW) 8-1
2. McAuliff, Alex/Talamo, Erica (COC) def. McCormick, Emily/Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 8-0
3. Levine, Danielle/Sutherland, Maggie (COC) def. No player/No player (CUW), by default
Concordia Wisconsin 9-8