OSHKOSH, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team scored just two minutes into the 2016 season, but that would be all the offense for the Falcons, resulting in a 2-1 setback at UW-Oshkosh Thursday night.
- Final Score: UW-Oshkosh 2, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: J.J. Keller Field – Oshkosh, Wis.
- Records: UW-Oshkosh 1-0; Concordia Wisconsin 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Brittany Klumpp (Rubicon, Wis.) made a statement in her return from a season-ending injury from 2015, scoring two minutes into the match and giving her team a 1-0 lead. Klumpp's goal was assisted by sophomore Kayla Schlosser (Germantown, Wis.).
- The 1-0 lead lasted until halftime as CUW kept the Titans off the board. The Falcons were outshot 9-7 in the first 45 minutes, with each team getting four shots on goal. Junior Tabitha Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) made stopped all four shots she faced in the first half.
- The Titans turned the tides in the beginning of the second half, scoring twice in a seven-minute span. The first goal came 4:27 into the half, while the game-winner was scored by Rachel Elliot in the 57th minute.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has just three losses in its last 20 matches, but two of those have come against UW-Oshkosh. The Falcons also fell in a road match in Oshkosh last season, one if its two setbacks in 2015.
- UW-Oshkosh is one of five NCAA Tournament teams from 2015 on the Falcons 2016 schedule. CUW will also play UW-Whitewater, Lake Forest, UW-La Crosse and MSOE, before September 25.
- The Falcons will continue their early season test with a road matchup at Lake Forest Sunday. The contest is set for a 3:30 p.m. start and is the second part of a men's/women's doubleheader.