WHITEWATER, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team scored three times in the second half for a comeback win over St. Norbert Wednesday night. The Falcons trailed 1-0 at halftime before coming back for the 3-2 victory. With CUW trailing 2-1 early in the second half, Emily Ciesielczyk and Kayla Schlosser scored within 15 seconds of each other, giving the Falcons the non-league win.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, St. Norbert 2
Location: Donald J. Schneider Stadium – De Pere, Wis.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-1-2, St. Norbert 4-3-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons fell behind 1-0 in the 13th minute when St. Norbert's Katie Vanden Avond scored her nation leading 16th goal. The unassisted score was the only goal of the first half.
- CUW netted the first of its three goals just when senior Carley Pfannerstill (Grafton, Wis.) put the Falcons on the board. Pfannerstill's seventh goal of the season was a give and go with freshman Ashley Johnson (Chesterfield, Mich.), who was credited with an assist on the play.
- The Green Knights again took the lead in the 55th minute as Monica Stephens made the score 2-1. Shannon Jung assisted on the final St. Norbert score of the match.
- The final two goals for the Falcons were scored 15 seconds apart from one another. Ciesielczyk (senior – Waukesha, Wis.) scored at the 60:53 mark from 20 yards out to tie the score at 2-2.
- The score again wouldn't remain tied long as Schlosser gave the Falcons the lead and eventually the win on her fifth goal of the season. Schlosser (junior – Germantown, Wis.) and Pfannerstill executed the give and go this time for the 3-2 lead.
- Junior Ariana Worthing (Saginaw, Mich.) made four saves to pick up her third win of the season. Three of those four saves came in the second half.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Pfannerstill continues to pick up the points and is now at 21 for the season. She is now just four goals away from 50 for her career.
- The Falcons moved into the regional rankings for the first time this season Tuesday, coming in at No. 10 in the Central Region.
- St. Norbert has been a regular team on the schedule for CUW since Ryan Middendorf took over as head coach in 2003. The Falcons are now 7-6-0 against the Green Knights under Middendorf. CUW has won five of the last six in the series.
- The Falcons will visit MSOE in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference matchup on Saturday. The match between CUW and the Raiders is set for a 3:30 p.m. start.