ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – The weather wasn't nice and neither was the outcome for Concordia Wisconsin, as Colorado College earned a 22-2 non-conference neutral-site victory during a cold and rain-soaked Sunday game.
Final Score: Colorado College 22, Concordia Wisconsin 2
Location: Thorson-Lucken Field (Rock Island, Ill.)
Records: Colorado College 14-4, Concordia Wisconsin 11-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Colorado College scored the game's first 14 goals before Concordia Wisconsin was able to find the back of the net when freshman Jackie Lanum (Wadsworth, Ill.) scored with 7:32 to play before halftime.
- Sophomore Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) netted the Falcons' other goal with 23:56 to play in the game, which was assisted by Lanum.
- The Tigers held a 51-7 lead in shots, 35-17 difference in ground balls, 16-10 advantage in draw controls and forced 34 turnovers of which 19 were caused.
- Senior Veronika Metanova (Palatine, Ill.) made 17 saves in goal and picked up four ground balls. Junior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) caused three turnovers, while freshman Emily Kuhlman (Cold Springs, Minn.) won three draw controls.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Metanova's 17 saves were a season-high and tied for the fourth-most in a game in program history.
- Colorado College was also 5-of-5 on free-position attempts.
- Steph Kelly had four goals, while three of her teammates recorded a trio of scores.
- Eva King had three assists and three of her teammates ended with two assists.
- Kelly picked up a game-high six ground balls, to go along with three draw controls and two caused turnovers.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Augsburg on Friday at 1 pm in a quarterfinal matchup of the MWLC Tournament at Fitting Field. The Falcons are the top seed, while the Auggies are the fourth seed.