DE PERE, Wis. – In three out of the first four weekends of the season, the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey team has dropped its Friday night contest. All three times that has happened, the Falcons have responded with a bounce-back win, including Saturday's 3-1 win at St. Norbert. The Falcons improve to 4-2 in the NCHA with the win, one that handed the Green Knights their first NCHA setback of 2017-18.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, St. Norbert 1
- Location: Resch Olympic Pavilion – De Pere, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 5-3, 4-2 NCHA; St. Norbert 4-3-1, 4-1-1 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Green Knights went up 1-0 early on Saturday, scoring 2:08 into play off the stick of Emily Bondrager. That would be the only goal allowed by junior netminder Christina Pattengale (Portage, Wis.), who posted another impressive performance with 28 saves.
- The Falcons got a key goal with 1:30 left in the opening stanza to equal the score at 1-1. Sophomore Emily Godwin (London, Ontario) netted her second goal of the season with senior Chloe Bachman (St. Peter, Minn.) picking up the assist.
- The second period was where CUW separated itself from St. Norbert. The Falcons struck twice, the game-winning goal scored five minutes into the stanza by sophomore Natasha Wanless (Madison, Wis.). Godwin tallied an assist on the Wanless goal, finishing the afternoon with a two-point effort.
- Just 3:56 later, Jossa Danis (Brandon, Manitoba) provided some insurance with a power play score, assisted by Ellie Woodman (Janesville, Wis.). Danis continues to produce for the Falcons, scoring three goals in the team's last four games.
- The Falcons did an excellent job staying out of the penalty box for the second straight game, committing just one penalty on Saturday and killing off the Green Knights only power play attempt. CUW finished the game 1-for-3 on the power play.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Saturday has been kind to the Falcons this season as they are 4-0 on the second day of each of the first four weekend series.
- The two penalty minutes ties a program record for fewest in a contest.
- CUW will head east next weekend for a two-game non-conference series at Morrisville State (New York). The opening game is set for Friday at 4 p.m. eastern.
December 6, 2017 Chasing Records
December 5, 2017 Penalty Box Confessions: Successful first half for the Falcons
December 2, 2017 Pattengale solid in Falcons scoreless tie with Northland
December 1, 2017 Women's Hockey rolls to NCHA win over Northland
November 29, 2017 Rink Notes: Women's Hockey closes first half of schedule this weekend
November 25, 2017 Thomson, Bachman lead Women's Hockey to another bounce-back win
November 24, 2017 Women's Hockey blanked by Morrisville State
November 18, 2017 Women's Hockey secures series split at St. Norbert
November 17, 2017 Women's Hockey edged by St. Norbert
November 15, 2017 Pattengale named to D3Hockey.com Team of the Week
November 14, 2017 Penalty Box Confessions: A big weekend for the Falcons
November 14, 2017 Pattengale secures NCHA Defensive Player of the Week honors
November 11, 2017 Danis lifts Women's Hockey with overtime winner
November 10, 2017 Women's Hockey gains NCHA win over Marian
November 9, 2017 Rink Notes: Marian visits Women's Hockey for NCHA series
November 3, 2017 Lake Forest skates past Women's Hockey
November 2, 2017 Rink Notes: Women's Hockey hosts Lake Forest for two this weekend
October 28, 2017 Late second period surge gives Women's Hockey road win
October 27, 2017 Women's Hockey falls in season opener against Yellowjackets
October 26, 2017 Five Things to Know: Women's Hockey Season starts Friday
October 23, 2017 Penalty Box Confessions: 2017 Women's Hockey Blog
October 20, 2017 Women's Hockey slated fourth in NCHA Preseason Poll
October 6, 2017 Penalty Box Confessions: Falcons eager to start the season
October 4, 2017 Women's Hockey with four chosen as AHCA All-American Scholars
September 20, 2017 Penalty Box Confessions: 2017 Women's Hockey Blog
July 12, 2017 Women's Hockey adds Krumwiede as graduate assistant