MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey team returns to the Ozaukee Ice Center for a pair of non-conference games against Saint Benedict this weekend. The Falcons will look to head into the New Year on a strong note, as this weekend's matchups will be the final two for CUW in 2016.
- Who: Concordia University Wisconsin (3-4-2) vs. Saint Benedict (2-6-0)
- Where: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- When: Friday/Saturday, December 9/10, 2016
- Live Coverage: All home hockey games will feature live stats and video. Live links can be found by visiting the CUW Women's Hockey Schedule.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- A digital game program for this weekend's contests can be found here. A one-page front and back program will be available at the rink for $2. Fans can also access the digital game program at the rink for free by scanning a QR code or visiting cuwfalcons.com/programs.
- CLOSE CALLS: The Falcons and Blazers have met six times and five of those matchups have been decided by one goal. The two teams have traded victories in the all-time series, including a split last season in a two-game set at Saint Benedict.
- GETTING BACK ON TRACK: CUW is averaging just 2.22 goals per game this season and are coming off a weekend in which they were shut out in back-to-back games. CUW will look to get back on track this weekend against CSB a team allowing 3.88 goals per game. CSB has had success offensively, ranking 12th nationally with 3.62 goals per contest.
- WINTER BREAK: The Falcons will have nearly a month off before their next game after this weekend's series. CUW won't return to action again until a road series at Bethel (January 6-7).
- METANOVA WATCH: Senior Veronika Metanova is climbing two CUW lists this season. She currently ranks third in career assists (43), trailing leader Hilary Christiansen by 10. Metanova is also fifth all-time in points (68). Sarah Luberda is the Falcons career points leader with 86.