MADISON, Wis. – Molly Mundinger had the best round of her young career and tied for eighth at the UW-Whitewater Fall Classic, while Concordia Wisconsin recorded a sixth-place finish at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course.
Course: Blackberry Oaks Golf Course (par 72, 5,807 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 6th of 17 (355-359 – 714)
Falcon Individuals: Molly Mundinger (83-85 – 166), Maddy Zastrow (84-88 – 172), Leah Wilde (94-86 – 180), Amy Carpenter (94-100 – 192), Emily Bubla (115-103 – 218)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) earned her second top-10 finish of her career after tying for eighth in an event that featured nearly 100 players. She carded an 83 during the opening round and signed for an 85 to wrap up an impressive tournament.
- Concordia Wisconsin was in fifth after the first 18 holes of play and dropped just a spot on the leaderboard after ending with a 714 total (355-359).
- Senior Maddy Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) tied for 17th after accumulating 172 strokes (84-88), while sophomore Leah Wilde (Kewaskum, Wis.) improved eight shots from day one to two (94-86) with a 180 total.
- Freshman Amy Carpenter (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) tallied a 194 (94-100) and junior Emily Bubla (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 218 (115-103).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Host UW-Whitewater won the team trophy with a two-day total of 640 (319-321) to win by 45 strokes over Wheaton.
- Ashley Hofmeister (UW-Whitewater) won individual medalist honors with a 77-74 (151) score to win by nine strokes over second-place finisher Kailey McDade (Carroll).
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete in the Aurora Fall Classic on Monday at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course in Bristol, Ill.