RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Brianna Wagner reached the coveted 1,000 career point milestone on Saturday afternoon, as she netted 18 during a Concordia Wisconsin 73-51 victory at Dominican during NACC play.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 73, Dominican 51
Location: Igini Sports Forum (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 17-6, 14-4 NACC; Dominican 12-11, 8-10 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brianna Wagner needed just eight points entering the matchup for 1,000 in her career and reached it with a jumper 26 seconds into the second period to become the 17th player in program history to achieve the milestone.
- The senior forward's bucket put Concordia Wisconsin in front by double-figure and they never looked back, as the lead topped out at 27 points with 9:20 to play in the fourth quarter. They shot 57.7 percent in the game and held a 39-28 rebounding advantage.
- Senior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) scored a game-high 20 points on 10-of-13 shooting, to go along with nine rebounds, three assists, two steals and a block. Sophomore Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) finished with a career-high 17 points (three 3-pointers).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin's 57.7 percent shooting is the second best ever recorded in a game in program history.
- The Falcons turned the ball over 18 times, compared to the Stars 10 errors. The hosts also had 11 steals.
- Timiya Ray tallied 16 points, grabbed seven rebounds, dished out two assists, stole two passes and blocked two shots for the Stars in a near complete game effort. Alexis Hoskins had 15 points, four rebounds and four steals.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Rockford on Tuesday at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.