MEQUON, Wis. - Audrey Scharmer led the offense with 19 points and Concordia Wisconsin held MSOE scoreless in the second quarter en route to a 53-40 NACC victory inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 53, MOSE 40
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-4, 9-2 NACC; MSOE 5-11, 3-8 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In a fast start for the Falcons, who shot 60 percent in the first quarter and had an early 16-12 lead, were led by senior Audrey Scharmer's (Winona, Minn.) 10 points on 4-of-4 shooting from the field. CUW came out for the second quarter looking to pull away and create distance on the scoreboard. The Falcons didn't allow any points holding the Raiders to 0-of-10 shooting and 0-of-4 from behind the arc to build a 26-12 lead going into halftime.
- After the break the Falcons got hot from the field again, shooting 54.5 percent on 6-of-11 shooting. Scharmer again posted a strong quarter with six points, three steals and two rebounds. The hosts continued to slowly keep the game out of reach for MSOE putting the score at 40-23 after 30 minutes of play.
- The beginning of the final quarter saw the Raiders trying to fight their way back into the game, as they cut the lead to 12 points, but it was a little too late. Concordia Wisconsin was able to run the clock and limit the Raiders possessions and get their ninth NACC victory with a final score of 53-40. Scharmer finished the contest with 19 points on 7-of-10 shooting, six rebounds and four steals, while senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) netted 10 points, eight rebounds and a career-high six assists. Sophomore Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) was able to chip in eight points with two buckets from beyond the arc and two steals.
- MSOE saw strong production from Jamie Spanbauer who scored a team-high 14 points and corralled four rebounds, while Shaylan Reardon followed with 12 points, two steals and two blocks. The Raiders Samantha Brooker was able to rip down a game-high 13 rebounds and cash in on three buckets for a total of six points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will be back in action when they travel to Wisconsin Lutheran this Saturday in a highly anticipated NACC matchup starting at 4:15 pm.