Mequon, Wis.- Concordia Wisconsin battled Alverno in a NACC contest that resulted in a victory for the host. The Falcons exploited the paint as they brought the ball inside multiple times, on their way to their ninth victory in the past 10 matchups.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 76, Alverno 41
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 10-3, 7-1 NACC; Alverno 4-8, 1-7 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In a bounce back victory for CUW, the paint seemed to be their best friend. Concordia Wisconsin scored 50 points in the paint with senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) leading the way with 18 points and senior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) scoring 16 points and ripping down 11 rebounds for her sixth double-double of the season.
- Concordia Wisconsin started off fast by jumping out to a 18-5 scoring run and really opened up the game with a strong second quarter by outscoring the Inferno 23-13, going into halftime with a 49-28 lead. The Falcons held Alverno to an impressive 21.3 percent from the field and forced 12 turnovers for the game.
- CUW was able to get strong production from junior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.), who pitched in 10 points and five rebounds. Junior Kaelynn Lesniak (Pewaukee, Wis.) was also able to chip in eight points and four rebounds. Concordia Wisconsin shot an outstanding 50.8 percent for the field which is a season high and corralled 51 rebounds which is the Falcons third time going over 50 rebounds in a game this season.
- The bench provided strong production for the Falcons as they outscored Alverno 24-7. Sophomore Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) scored four points and gathered six rebounds along with Senior Elizabeth Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) who scored four points and brought in five rebounds.
- The Inferno relied on Mackenzie Mathies 13 points and three rebounds, along with Karli Selear who scored six points and three rebounds. Alverno also had strong production from Gabby Hood who scored seven points and corralled eight rebounds and Kendra Patterson posted a similar stat line with seven points and eight rebounds off the bench.
NEXT ON THE SCHDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will be on the road this upcoming week to face Benedictine in a highly anticipated matchup of two of the top NCAA teams.