Mequon, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin was looking to build off their quality win later in the week and did just that in a 78-57 NACC win against the Edgewood Eagles. Senior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) was a part of the victory for the Falcons as the senior was able to compile 18 points and rip down 10 rebounds.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 78, Edgewood 57
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin (3-2, 2-0 NACC); Edgewood (2-4, 0-2 NACC)
QUOTING AUDREY SCHARMER
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams were looking to score within the paint and the Falcons were able to execute that game plan against the Eagles on Saturday. Scharmer was a big part of the Falcons post offense scoring 18 points on 7-of-13 shooting and 4-of-6 from the charity stripe. Scharmer also fought for 10 rebounds, recording another double-double, as she also recorded two blocks and three steals on her way to dominating on both sides of the ball.
- Senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) got her fair share of touches in the paint as she was able to dump in 13 points and haul in six boards. Wagner was able to use her mobility to get around defenders and get multiple open looks around the hoop. She was also able to dish out three assists and reject one shot.
- Edgewood was able to put up a fight as they out-rebounded the Falcons 45-to-42. The Eagles stayed close to CUW as it was only a six-point lead for the home team and it was Edgewood guard Jennifer Freeman who made a buzzer beater to make the score 22-16 in favor of the Falcons at the end of the first quarter.
- A strong second quarter really separated the two teams, as Concordia Wisconsin outscored the Eagles 27-to-8 with Scharmer producing 13 points on 5-of-8 shooting just in the second quarter alone. Edgewood later outscored CUW 17-to-13 in the third quarter and both teams scored 16 apiece in the fourth quarter.
BEYOND THE BASICS
- The Falcons shot 32 free throws and converted on 20 of those opportunities, good enough for 62.5 percent and 66-of-94 in the last three games.
- Scharmer has scored 63 points and has grabbed 25 rebounds over the past three games for Concordia Wisconsin.
- Abby Shane led the Eagles with 14 points and four rebounds, Delaney Wilhelm was able to follow up with 12 rebounds and six points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to face against Marian at 7:00 pm in a NACC matchup next Tuesday the 5th.