MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin pounded the ball in the paint possession after possession on Saturday afternoon and wore down Marian before winning 62-38 inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 62, Marian 38
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-1, 1-0 NACC; Marian 0-3, 0-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons used its size and strength to take advantage around the rim and accumulated 48 points in the paint. They also received 34 points from the reserves, which included 18 points from Taylor DeLong.
- DeLong (senior, Milwaukee, Wis.) had another huge game with her second double-double of the season with 18 points on 9-of-12 shooting and 11 rebounds, while also dishing out two assists and stealing two passes. The forward scored 12 points in the second quarter alone to help the Falcons turn a tie game into a 14-point lead at halftime.
- During the Falcons 18-4 scoring run in the second period, it was DeLong who had six-straight points and six rebounds that helped turn the momentum.
- Junior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) added 10 points and six rebounds during 19 minutes of action, while junior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) had eight points and five rebounds. Sophomore Marciarae' Harmon had two points, four rebounds, four assists and two steals.
- The Falcons shot 47.6 percent (30-of-63) from the field and outrebounded the Sabres 44-28.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The victory extended the Falcons NACC regular season home winning streak to eight games.
- Concordia Wisconsin had 17 players get into the game and nine find the scoring column.
- Brandi Bender led Marian with 14 points and three steals. Brianna Horton scored 10 points and Carley Wilson grabbed seven rebounds.
- The Sabres starting find shot a combined 14-of-49 (28.6 percent) in the game.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Concordia Chicago on Wednesday at 7 pm.