MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Softball team dropped a pair of Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference games Sunday, falling to NACC-leading Aurora University. The Falcons lost game one, 8-1, before being shut out in game two, 4-0.
- Final Scores: Aurora 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1 (Game 1); Aurora 4, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (Game 2)
- Location: CUW Softball Field – Mequon, Wis.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 14-12, 6-4 NACC; Aurora 24-6, 14-0 NACC
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- The Falcons committed five errors in the opener, allowing Aurora to score four unearned runs in the 8-1 final. In addition, CUW struggled with Spartans starting pitcher Vanessa Hartzell, who finished with 12 strikeouts in a complete game effort.
- Aurora was led by a trio of players who finished with two hits, including leadoff hitter Mandey Shrader. Angie Rayner added a home run for the Spartans.
- Senior Melissa Perkins (Park Forest, Ill.) took the loss, surrendering four runs, three earned, in five innings of work. She struck out two and walked two as well.
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS
- The Falcons tallied nine hits in game two, but couldn't get any runs across against Aurora starter Britni Wilson. Wilson struck out five and didn't issue a walk in the complete game effort.
- The Spartans pushed across one in each of the first three innings and added a run in the fifth for their four in the game. Laura Dierking homered and scored twice to lead Aurora, while Logan Cahill added a roundtripper of her own.
- CUW was guided by two hits from freshmen Maddie Zazas (Mundelein, Ill.) and Sara Rosenow (Kimberly, Wis.), as well as junior Lexi Holsten (Oshkosh, Wis.). Rosenow and Zazas each doubled as well for the Falcons.
- Sophomore Emily Brekke (Waterford, Wis.) took the loss for CUW, throwing a complete game. It was fours across the line for Brekke, giving up four runs on four hits, with four walks and four strikeouts.
- The Falcons will return to action Tuesday with a home doubleheader against Dominican. First pitch is set for 3 p.m.