WINNECONNE, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team concluded its 2016 season Saturday at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals. The Falcons placed 27th at the event, held at Lake Breeze Golf Club and hosted by UW-Oshkosh.
- Course: Lake Breeze Golf Club – Winneconne, Wisconsin
- Falcons Finish: 27th of 33 (781 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Michael Taylor 27:23; Craig Reese 27:24; Brennan Linse 27:43; Zach Ziemann 28:41; Ryan Teigen 29:22
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Taylor (Denmark, Wis.) finished out his career by running a 27:23 on the 8K course. He narrowly missed a PR (27:19) but did post his second-best effort of the season.
- Reese (Germantown, Wis.) was just behind Taylor, coming in one second later. His run was good enough for a PR, topping his previous best time of 28:01.
- Linse (Jefferson, Wis.) also ran a PR on Saturday, coming across the finish line in a time of 27:43. It was his best effort of the season by over a minute. He was followed by Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) who ran a 28:41.
- Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) was the final Falcons scoring runner on Saturday, navigating through the course in a time of 29:22. The time was the second-best of the season for the freshman.
- The final two Falcons on Saturday were Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez (Walworth, Wis.) and Matthew Wilcox (APO, AE). Huerta-Guttierez finished the race in 29:40, while Wilcox posted a 31:54, good for a PR of nearly 40 seconds.
- North Central cruised to a team title by placing five runners in the top 15 en route to scoring 37 points. UW-Eau Claire was second with 91 points as the two teams received the automatic bids to the NCAA Division III Championships.
- Ian LaMere of UW-Platteville won the individual title by posting a time of 24:02.